Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Search for the Perfect Dress Begins!

Okay, so I realize that I still have 514 days until our wedding (thanks countdown on knot.com), but it's NEVER too early to start looking for the perfect dress! I've had a few ideas in mind of things that I think I'd like. Thanks to TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress" I've been able to see different styles on a variety of women and have narrowed down the top two styles that I think would look best on me; Mermaid/Trumpet and Ballgown.

My mom and one of my bridesmaids, Sarah, took a couple hours and went to our first shop. Now, just to clarify, this was my first visit EVER! I really want certain people to be there when I actually choose my dress, but first I wanted to find out what looked good on my body before dragging 5 or 6 other individuals dress shopping. Makes sense, right?

I chose to go to The Gown Gallery on 19th and Main in downtown KC, Mo. It is in a loft style building and looks absolutely beautiful with all of the gorgeous dresses in it! I was very excited and nervous at the same time. The consultant was nice though and put me at ease...for a little bit anyways. I described what I was wanting for my dress. I told her about our venue being outdoors and how I'm going for a romantic, fall, rustic, vintage, and country chic kind of feel with the decor and how I'd like to try mermaid dresses and ballgowns to see what I really like. I am open to lace, light beading, detailing, corset, and ruching. Due to the fact that I am keeping the dress I choose a secret (mainly b/c I don't want Brian to see me in it before I walk down the aisle), here are a variety of pictures of dresses that I'm drawn to. Two of which I actually tried on at the store...

Dress #1

Dress #2

Dress #3

Dress #4

Dress #5

Dress #6

Dress #7

Dress #8

So, as you can see it's going to be a tough choice! I really love all of these dresses for different reasons...and in all honesty, I wish I could buy all of them! haha. And, of course, there are/will be more dresses that I like, but this is just a taste of dresses that I've found so far. My experience at The Gown Gallery was rather positive, but my consultant was a bit too opinionated for me. It was a lot to take in and her comments weren't always very helpful. But overall, I enjoyed myself and left with a lot more clairty on what I am looking for. I will probably try a few other dress boutiques and shop around...especially since I have so much time. If you have any suggestions of places to go, or have opinions on any of these dresses please feel free to share! This is one of my favorite parts of a wedding...so I'm sure there will be other blog posts about dresses! Yay for starting the hunt to find the perfect dress!


~Amanda~

1 comment:

  1. I like 3 and 6. And the style of the top half of 5. :-)

    ReplyDelete