Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mason Jars!

Hey gang!

So, I've started my collection of mason jars and I'm very excited at the results so far. My mom  has found two boxes of them at a thrift store for 20 cents a piece! They range from large to small in size and have a variety of designs on them. I'm also fortunate enough to have a friend that is going to give me 25 or 30 mason jars that are left over from using them at her wedding! I'm so thankful to have great family and friends that are willing to help out and be so generous! Here are some pics of the ones I have so far:

A few of the smaller jars. Love the details with the designs on these.

The medium sized jars.

The large mason jars.

All of the sizes put together...there are probably 40 total jars in my collection so far. These are just a few of them.


These are pictures of the different things that I want to use my mason jars for when decorating!

I'd like to use them as vases.

I think it would be neat to put flowers in them. Better yet, cranberries and floating candles!

Of course, I want to take on the DIY project of making them into lanterns! :)

I absolutely LOVE this idea...I'm going to ask our families to contribute a pic of them on their wedding day and display them in mason jars, or even vintage frames! TBD, however I think having the neat older wedding photos will add to my vintage vibe. Also, I may display some photos of us in mason jars!

I think this is a super nifty idea...using mason jars to hold the flowers that decorate the aisle!

It would be an amazing thing to give out apple butter to our guests in small mason jars that says "Spread the Love. Brian and Amanda. 10/13/12"


Oh mason jars, how I loveeeeeeeeeeee thee! There are so many amazing things you can do with them to give your wedding that extra special touch. I can't wait to collect more and try out some of these ideas myself!

If you have any mason jars or know of anyone that would like to get rid of them, please let me know! I'll gladly take them off their hands!


~Amanda~












No comments:

Post a Comment