Thursday, April 28, 2011

I said, "YES!"...now it's time to plan!

It's probably no surprise to those of you who know me...but the day after we returned from our trip as the newly engaged couple, I bought my first bridal magazines and a wedding planner. Let me clarify that statement. I bought my first bridal magazines with intentions of actually planning a wedding, more specifically OUR wedding. I have purchased wedding magazines before...well, because let's be honest. I've dreamt of finding my prince and having a fairy tale wedding since I was a little girl. This might be a bit embarrassing to admit, but I distinctly remember having a "girls night" at Cottey College with Iris Connolly, Jessica Gallegos, and Robin Mallison/Kimmell. We bought bridal magazines, notebooks, and scrapbook decorations so we could cut and paste what we liked out of each magazine to make our "wedding books". We ate pizza and even watched "The Wedding Date". Don't laugh too hard when I say that I took my "wedding book" very seriously. I cut out dresses, rings, bridesmaid dresses, cakes, colors, flowers, etc! Looking back it was a bit ridiculous, but I feel that most every girl can relate. With that said, you can truly understand that being excited to buy my first magazines and official wedding planner is a bit of an understatement! Here is a picture of my handy dandy little wedding planner:


It has been a really great read because it has a ton of great information!!! It also has awesome pages for you to fill out in order to help keep you organized! I LOVE IT! Reading it reminded me of how much REALLY goes into planning a wedding: family, friends, bridal party, save the dates, invites, colors, flowers, a DJ, decorations, food, cake, dresses, THE dress, suits, music, vows, seating arrangements, etc! But of course, first thing is first and that is setting a date! *DRUMROLL please* Brian and I have decided on:

October 20, 2012!!!

We both really love the fall and knew we wanted it in the middle of October because the trees really pop around that time! Fall brings all things good: football, apple cider, hoodies, pumpkins, boots, crunchy leaves, cooler weather, apple picking, yummy smells, etc! And next October we will be having a perfectly lovely fall wedding! YAY!

Choosing to have our wedding in 2012 has allowed us to relax a bit with our planning. We have 18 months and according to my knot.com account: 541 days to plan every last detail of our wedding! This is a great thing because I have A LOT of wonderful ideas to make our day extra special. This is where this blog is going to get interesting!

I am planning on using this blog as a way to share my ideas, get feedback, and document my journey to becoming Mrs. O'Conner! I know that there will be some very interesting/funny/crazy adventures for Brian and I as we take this next step of becoming man and wife! So stay tuned...there's LOTS more to come! :)

~Amanda~

                                                                

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I remember having a "girls night" with you too! I found my wedding notebook the other day actually!

    ReplyDelete