Tuesday, April 26, 2011

History

To start this blog off right, I feel it is important to share our history, our love story.

For me, it all started after I graduated from college. I slowly started to realize that I wouldn't have my normal social circle to meet people anymore. I had flirted with the idea of joining an online dating site for a while, but didn't fully commit to it until I had a conversation with my mom. She encouraged me to join one just to see what could happen. Of course, I had to think about it for a few days...I had always thought that online dating sites were for people that were desperate, lonely, and old! For some reason I had promised myself that I wouldn't join one until I was at least 28! After sharing that with my mom, she brought up a really great point: why wait to fall in love? I decided to join eHarmony on July 2, 2010. Turns out, it was all meant to be.

Brian and I were matched on July 4, 2010 and my oh my did the sparks fly! We went through the traditional eHarmony steps of communication and finally started to e-mail. After a few e-mails Brian asked for my number. Turns out that he had been on eHarmony for close to six months and his membership was getting ready to expire. He shared that he wasn't going to renew, and that he'd love to speak to me on the phone instead of continuing to e-mail. We ended up texting and talking on the phone everyday throughout the day for a week, then decided to go on our first date.

We met in downtown Parkville for dinner at Stone Canyon Pizza and a stroll on the riverwalk. I think we were both nervous, but at the same time it all felt so natural...like we had known each other for years. We ate, talked, walked all over Parkville, had a marshmallow gun fight, and watched the sunset. He ended the date with a beautiful white rose and I was completely smitten. I knew almost immediately that I would be marrying this man.

Ever since that day we have been inseperable. Brian is not only my fiance', but my best friend. He is so incredibly kind, patient, handsome, strong, encouraging, and funny. He makes every one of my days brighter and I am so thankful that God brought us together and I took that chance on eHarmony! haha. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him!



and as they say...the rest is history!

~Amanda~

No comments:

Post a Comment