Thursday, June 23, 2011

I said Yes to the Dress!!!

Okay, so I didn't make it all the way to Kleinfeld's in New York to say "Yes to the Dress", but I did find an awesome store in Shawnee, KS called Bridal Extraordinaire. I have just been doing research trying to find the different shapes, styles, fabrics, colors, etc that look good on my body. I originally thought I might want a ballgown style due to the fact that I dreamed about a princess-y dress to get married in since I was a child. I've always been drawn to them in magazines, however as my wedding became a reality it came time to get serious.

I started my dress journey at The Gown Gallery in Kansas City, Mo. I tried on three dress that I liked while shopping there. I tried on all Maggie Sottero dresses, but my favorite there were the Sandrina and the Victoriana.

Sandrina


Victoriana

Then, a couple weeks later, I traveled to Bridal Solutions in Lee's Summit. I tried on the previous two again and then found the other dress that had been on my mind. It is also a Maggie Sottero dress...see a pattern here?!? It's called the Prestyn and looks like this:


Prestyn

Then a dress caught my eye and it was completely different from all three of these dresses. It was a by a different designer named Casablanca and it's name was the 1995.


1995

After seeing the beautiful mermaid lace gown, I was started to change my mind about what I thought I had wanted afterall. I started researching mermaid lace gowns and came across some REAL beauties!!! Here are a few of the ones I liked:






So, as you can tell, I've fallen madly and deeply in love with lace!!! I have also figured out that I really like the mermaid/trumpet style of a dress! Those styles of dresses really take well to my curves, which I love. I ended up calling around to a billion stores asking for one specific designer! I was dead set on trying something on so I would KNOW wither or not I could really truly fall in love with this gown. I made an appt at Bridal Extraordinaire and wouldn't you know....they had the exact two dresses I wanted to try on! Even more awesome is that if I ordered a dress on my first visit I'd get 15% off my dress...I was REALLY hoping to find THE one on this visit.

And guess what?!?! I did! And here it is....









HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You didn't REALLY think I'd post it on here, did you? ;)

Alas, I found the perfect dress to wear on my perfect day marrying the perfect man...ahhh, I love perfection! lol. Now, of course I realize that I've ordered it a tad bit early, but you can't beat the perfect dress...especially on sale!

I plan to have a "Reveal Night" with my close loved ones once my dress arrives! I want my mom, Grandmas, Dad, Sarah(s), Maria, Daphne, and G-ma Dorothy to be there if possible. It will be a fun evening showing off my dress and perhaps doing dinner afterwards. I love that I'll be able to share a special moment with all of them!

YAY for saying Yes to the Dress!

~Amanda~

No comments:

Post a Comment